You are powerful, and you can have the calm, gentle birth that nature intended for you and your baby.
***Next class series begins January 25th***
HypnoBirthing®, the Mongan Method, is a childbirth education method that empowers women to achieve more gentle, natural births. It is both a philosophy and a set of tools for using self-hypnosis techniques and scripts to achieve a focused awareness and level of relaxation that will allow for a much more comfortable, easy birth.
Women have been conditioned to expect pain in childbirth; however, there is no physiological reason for this to occur. Through this program of self-hypnosis and education, pregnant women and their birth companions will learn to release emotions tied to fear-based stories and misinformation, thus helping them to view birth as normal. They learn to trust that their bodies know how to bring their babies into the world in the calm and gentle way that nature intended. Just as important, they learn to trust their instincts, which will serve them in parenting effectively and in many other areas of their lives.
The course is taught in five 2.5-hour classes. Expecting moms attend the classes with the support person of their choice–husband, life partner, other family member, doula, labor companion, etc. The course offers the following benefits:
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labor, leaving the mother alert, fresh, and with energy following the birth
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing
- Families will be provided with forms to submit for insurance reimbursement
- Private in-home instruction available, if preferred
A textbook (with CD), many handouts, and a relaxation CD are included in the cost of the course.